Fair Use Policies

The Traveller game in all forms is owned by Far Future Enterprises. Copyright 1977-2008 Far Future Enterprises. Traveller is a registered trademark of Far Future Enterprises. Far Futures permits web sites and fanzines of this game, provided it contains this notice, that Far Future is notified, and subject to a withdrawal of permission on 90 days notice. The contents of this site are for personal, non-commercial use only. Any use of Far Future Enterprise's copyrighted material or trademarks anywhere on this web site and its files should not be viewed as a challenge to those copyrights or trademarks. In addition, any program/articles/file on this site cannot be republished or distributed without the consent of the author who contributed it.

“Cepheus Engine and Samardan Press are the trademarks of Jason "Flynn" Kemp,” and that you are not affiliated with Jason "Flynn" Kemp or Samardan Press™.

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Life hates me doing blog posts

I would really like to whine about life but I live in the USA and read the news so I can't really. Not long after I decided to try and keep going with Starter Traveller the engine in my car went. Got that fixed for $3400 and 2 weeks later I found out my wheel bearing were so shot it was dangerous to drive which whacked me for $575 plus $175 for a tow. Yes this sucks but there are so many people in the world who would undeniable want car trouble that creates a financial burden while having a place to live, not be starving, electricity, clean water and personal safety with steady employment so no I do not feel sorry for myself just a little stressed out. In between my car kicking me in the naughty bits I went all crazy like and spent $5 for the Cepheus Engine because it was cheap and it has something that ST didn't. The OGL means I don't have to worry I would inadvertently violate the rules Marc Miller has for talking about his game. Which isn't to say I think He is lurking in the web waiting to issue C+D letters to all and sundry more that I worry my non-lawyer self would screw up and betray the trust he has in his fans.

Provided I can shake off my current depression I hope to do the same thing with Cepheus that I was doing for ST and look at a different way to interpret the rules to define the setting. Being as I like this G+ community hopefully Cepheus counts as Classic Traveller.

No comments:

Post a Comment