Fair Use Policies

The Traveller game in all forms is owned by Far Future Enterprises. Copyright 1977-2008 Far Future Enterprises. Traveller is a registered trademark of Far Future Enterprises. Far Futures permits web sites and fanzines of this game, provided it contains this notice, that Far Future is notified, and subject to a withdrawal of permission on 90 days notice. The contents of this site are for personal, non-commercial use only. Any use of Far Future Enterprise's copyrighted material or trademarks anywhere on this web site and its files should not be viewed as a challenge to those copyrights or trademarks. In addition, any program/articles/file on this site cannot be republished or distributed without the consent of the author who contributed it.

“Cepheus Engine and Samardan Press are the trademarks of Jason "Flynn" Kemp,” and that you are not affiliated with Jason "Flynn" Kemp or Samardan Press™.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

So there is a web comic I like, "The Far Side of Utopia" , and I am odd so I was speculating on leitmotif's of the characters. Not wanting to make a wall of text in a comment I figured I would post something on my disused blog. Besides seeing as I can't really afford paetron right now maybe I can at least get the author a little traffic.

Peter Kepler is our protagonist sort of. I mean He is the hero but is kind of a dick to people. So what to use for an eccentric genius we like but is kind of annoying? The Chitty Chitty Bang Bang theme as it is such an Earworm.

Mium Efiate definitely one of the reasons to read the comic. As has been posited recently he is kind of a troll though. Sing a long trollery

Naomi Atarah just rocks oddly her theme is classical. Is flash mob still a thing?

"Miko" whose real identity is the subject of debate and speculation. I am torn between her and Rovak as to which is my favorite. She has epic rants. Her dislike of leaving home makes me think "Flowers on the wall" (Nancy Sinatra's version) but really can it be anything but this

Kalisto Summers Peter's Ex is also pretty bad ass. As a cop she is unamused by Peter's casual attitude toward the law. So I am going with Marty Robbins

Aaron Kepler is the top cop in the story and Peter's harried uncle. I imagine he sounds like Frank from Hill Street Blues

Tom hasn't appeared much yet so I might have to change this but right now he "looks like he has been sleeping in a boxcar" the temptation of a Boxcar Willy song is too strong.

Nathan has made a showing yet but is listed in the cast page so he must be (wait for it..) A secret agent man!

Emmi Esk has appeared some but not a lot also a cop. Only scene of her's that sticks with me is the school battle where she got pushed beyond past trust of Peter. Hmmm, this is tricky how about?

Tyler Weber I mistakenly was originally not super impressed with and was proved wrong. So a build to something outstanding is required Heavy Metal and Cellos who knew?

Amy Selah is Tyler's 2IC but I can't recall her doing anything right now so I will punt.

Mione was super happy to out glower Marc but is Naomi's friend so happy and scary? It is an accidental nuclear war after all.

Maia Ethi was a witness to the school battle and seemed distracted from evacuating people. Ah seeing as I don't know that much about her I guess I will wonder what does the MSB agent say?

Magnolia Dai also at the school battle keeps focused on the evacuation strikes me as mommy type

Marc Idunni is another of Tyler's peeps. Taunted by Mione as not being as scary as her. Ummm I might disagree if she couldn't here me. Seems unimpressed most of the time can make a super powerful shield for Safety though I am doubtful on the dancing.

Lisa has been in few scene's but other than being Naomi's friend nothing pops out.  When in doubt let's go with Cyndi Lauper

Arkady showed up for dining with Ila and humored her while being a nice guy. 

Chief Cao is Tyler's sorta boss not a comment of the MSB's effectiveness

Ikirium Avon owns the bad guy company but doesn't seem like a bad guy. Running a company I'll go with Corporation Theme

Ryn "Ryn Tomorrow" Koko seems to be Ikirium's friend and go to guy to handle things in a non-supervillian mad scientist manner. He just wants you to give him money

Dr. Mir is the villain. No really she is bad news. I was thinking Playground in my mind to see if I could get a red x but I think she deserves some credit so this

Gate is introduced as a Mir Minion but we later see a different side

Jayce Myer a contractor for Avon and though not presented as a nice man he doesn't commit gratuitous violence. Oh yeah wanted my IDS and MSB he did get away but in honor of Naomi and his encounter

Ila Eften Mium's little sister and one of my favorite characters appears to be a tween girl with ridiculous magic power and Miko-esque interpersonal skills. Dwight Twilley can you offer advice to deal with her?

Saria is Ryn's assistant who unfortunately has to deal with Teal Hacker Girl, Miko and Dr. Mir. She seriously needs a raise working 9 to 5 at Avon. Although Ryn seems a decent boss or at least not supervillain and/or Mad Scientist.

Nick Otte, ladies and gentlemen I present jerk. Not a villian I guess but still arrogant self important piece of work.

Rovak Stas quite possibly my favorite character. Unfortunately he is a sociopath. A charming and pleasant one but he blows people up. He does however sign in and as a security officer I appreciate that so

Kyle Kepler is Peter's Dad and Aaron's brother only had one scene so far. On the one hand I admire backing your son on the other hand your son in Peter. Let's go with Commander Cody

??? also know as Teal haired hacker girl finds someone annoying (my bet is on Peter though I am not ruling out Muim trolling her). Poor thing got a job at Avon with Miko bad choice

???:?? Actually called Query peter's first sidekick now owned by his dad. an AI with an annoying sense of humor according to Kalli. I plan is to always agree with Kalli.

No comments:

Post a Comment